A 19-year-old man presented with a slowly growing mass in the palm of the nondominant hand. As it grew it became progressively more painful and bothersome with increasing tenderness on palpation. Initial imaging studies, including radiographs and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), were inconclusive, suggesting that the mass might be cystic.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Hand Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Imaging of wrist masses.Curr Prob Diagn Radiol. 2004; 33: 147-160
- Epithelioid sarcoma of the hand.Clin Orthop. 2005; 431: 193-200
- Benign soft-tissue tumors in a larger referral population.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 1995; 164: 395-402
- Benign soft tissue masses of the wrist and hand.Skeletal Radiol. 1994; 23: 327-332
- Pictorial review; magnetic resonance imaging of benign soft tissue masses of the hand and wrist.Clin Radiol. 1995; 50: 519-525
- Tumors and tumor-like conditions.in: Berquist T.H. MRI of the hand and wrist. Lippincott-Williams and Wilkin, Philadelphia2003: 93-115
- Hand and wrist sonography.Ultrasound Q. 2001; 17: 21-36
- Imaging of the pediatric hand.Eur J Radiol. 2005; (May 5 (e-pub ahead of print).)
- Magnetic resonance imaging in the diagnosis of glomus tumors of the hand.J Hand Surg. 2005; 30B: 535-540
- Malignant soft-tissue tumors in a large referral population; distribution of diagnoses by age, sex and location.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 1995; 164: 12-34
- Soft tissue tumors of the hand; malignant.in: Berger R.A. Weiss A.C. Hand surgery. Lippincott-Williams and Wilkins, Philadelphia2004: 1737-1752
© 2005 American Society for Surgery of the Hand. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.