Wrist arthroscopy has become an indispensable tool for the hand surgeon. An effective arthroscopy is possible only with an appreciation for the surface anatomy, sound technique for establishing portals, and an understanding of intra-articular anatomy. This article reviews the radiocarpal, midcarpal, and special-use portals of wrist arthroscopy.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Hand Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Wrist arthroscopy.in: Green D.P. Operative Hand Surgery. Elsevier, New York2005: 796-799
- Arthroscopic portals of the wrist.J Hand Surg. 1991; 19A: 940-944
- Pitfalls in wrist arthroscopy.Acta Orthop Belg. 2002; 68: 325-329
- Wrist arthroscopy through a volar radial portal.Arthroscopy. 2002; 18: 624-630
- A benefit of the volar approach for wrist arthroscopy.Arthroscopy. 2003; 19: 440-445
- The use of a volar ulnar portal in wrist arthroscopy.Arthroscopy. 2004; 20: 158-163
- Arthroscopic anatomy of the wrist.Orthop Clin North Am. 1995; 26: 707-719
- Radioscapholunate ligament.J Hand Surg. 1991; 16A: 350-355
- The gross and histologic anatomy of the scapholunate interosseous ligament.J Hand Surg. 1996; 21: 170-178
- Constraint and material properties of the subregions of the scapholunate interosseous ligament.J Hand Surg. 1999; 24A: 953-962
- Churchill Livingstone, New York1995: 425-736 Gray’s anatomy the anatomical basis of medicine and surgery. 38th ed.
- The dorsal branch of the ulnar nerve.J Hand Surg. 1990; 15: 603-607
- The cutaneous innervation of the palm.J Hand Surg. 1996; 21: 634-638
- Midcarpal arthroscopy.Hand Clin. 1994; 10A: 577-587
- Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Philadelphia2003: 499 Surgical anatomy of the hand and upper extremity.
- Radiocarpal arthroscopy.Hand Clin. 1994; 10A: 567-576
© 2005 American Society for Surgery of the Hand. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.