This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
This article describes a coronal intra-articular fracture of the body of the hamate that was opened and successfully internally fixed with a Herbert screw.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Hand Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- (883)The treatment of fractures.5th ed. Grune & Stratton, New York1956
- Fractures and dislocations of the carpus.Surg Clin North Am. 1972; 52: 1513-1538
- Fracture of the hamate bone.J Bone Joint Surg. 1934; 16: 459-462
- Ulnar nerve palsy in wrist fractures.J Bone Joint Surg. 1961; 43A: 1197-1201
- Posterior fracture dislocation of the IV metacarpal hamate articulation: case report.J Trauma. 1979; 19: 290-291
- Fracture of the body of the hamate bone.J Hand Surg. 1983; 8: 353-355
- Injuries of the hamate bone.Hand. 1973; 5: 235-238
- Displaced dorsal oblique fracture of the hamate treated with a cortical mini lag screw.J Hand Surg. 1986; 11A: 656-658
- Radiography of the wrist.Clin Orthop. 1986; 202: 50-56
- Delayed ulnar nerve palsy following fracture of the hamate.J Bone Joint Surg. 1968; 50A: 570-572
- Bipartite hamates with ulnar tunnel syndrome: case report and literature review.J Hand Surg. 1981; 6: 605-609
- Use of the Herbert bone screw in surgery of the wrist.Clin Orthop. 1986; 202: 79-92
- Management of the fractured scaphoid using a new bone screw.J Bone Joint Surg. 1984; 66B: 114-123
- The treatment of injuries to the carpometacarpal joint of the little finger.J Bone Joint Surg. 1974; 56A: 1459-1463
- Carpometacarpal dislocations on the ulnar side of the hand.J Bone Joint Surg. 1970; 52A: 927-930
Accepted: October 12, 1987
Received: May 8, 1987
*No benefits in any form have been received or will be received from a comercial party related directly or indirectly to the subject of this article.
© 1988 American Society for Surgery of the Hand. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.