This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
Two cases of compression of the ulnar nerve by ganglions in the distal ulnar tunnel are reported. The type of neurologic deficit (motor, sensory, or both) was helpful in predicting both the zone of nerve compression and the nature of the compressing lesion.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Hand Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- The anatomy of the space of Guyon.Hand. 1978; 10: 69-76
- The anatomy of the distal ulnar tunnel.Clin Orthop. 1984; 196: 238-247
- The ulnar tunnel syndrome.Plast Reconstr Surg. 1971; 47: 21-24
- Ulnar-nerve compression syndromes at and below the wrist.J Bone Joint Surg. 1969; 51A: 1095-1103
- Anatomy for surgeons. Vol 3. Harper & Row, Philadelphia1982: 472-473 3rd ed.
- (231)Kaplan's functional surgical anatomy of the hand.3rd ed. J.B. Lippincott, Philadelphia1984
- Histologic structure of the ulnar nerve in the hand.J Hand Surg. 1985; 10: 264-269
- Ulnar tunnel syndrome.J Hand Surg. 1984; 9: 72-74
- Compression of the deep palmar branch of the ulnar nerve. Case report and anatomical study.J Bone Joint Surg. 1969; 51B: 469-472
- Compression of the ulnar nerve in the hand by ganglion.J Bone Joint Surg. 1977; 59A: 980
- Compression of the deep branch of ulnar nerve—a case report.J Hand Surg. 1983; 8: 72-74
- Compression syndrome of the deep branch of the ulnar nerve (piso-hamate hiatus syndrome).J Bone Joint Surg. 1976; 58A: 145-147
- Ulnar artery thrombosis and ulnar nerve compression associated with anomalous hypothenar muscle.Plast Reconstr Surg. 1982; 69: 130-131
- Ulnar neuropathy at the wrist: case report and review of the literature.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 1985; 66: 785-788
- Acute compression ulnar neuropathy at Guyon's canal resulting from lipoma.J Hand Surg. 1984; 9: 238-240
Accepted: November 25, 1987
Received: September 28, 1987
*No benefits in any form have been received or will be received from a commercial party related directly or indirectly to the subject of this article.
© 1988 American Society for Surgery of the Hand. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.