Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Hand Surgery
- Ligament stability of the metacarpophalangeal joint: a biomechanical study.J Hand Surg. 1985; 10: 255-260
- Synovial Joints.Charles C. Thomas, Springfield, Illinois1961
- Forces in the normal and abnormal hand.J Orthop Res. 1985; 3: 202-211
- The coordination of finger-joint motion.J Bone Joint Surg. 1963; 45A: 1654-1662
- Articular surface interrelationships in finger joints.Acta Anat. 1958; 32: 217-229
- Biomechanics of metacarpophalangeal joint.J Biomech. 1977; 10: 205-209
- Finger joint contact areas and pressures.J Orthop Res. 1985; 3: 49-55
- Relative tension and potential excursion of muscles in the forearm and hand.J Hand Surg. 1980; 6: 209-219
- Muscles across the elbow joint: a biomechanical analysis.J Biomech. 1981; 14: 659-669
- “Cracking joint:” a bioengineering study of cavitation in the metacarpophalangeal joint.Ann Rheum Dis. 1971; 30: 348-358
- Biomechanical factors in the replacement of rheumatoid finger joints.Ann Rheum Dis. 1969; 28: 36-41
- Laboratory evaluation of metal-plastic type of metacarpophalangeal joint prosthesis.Clin Orthop. 1975; 112: 349-355
- Springer-Verlag, Berlin1983: 54-73 A biomechanical and morphological analysis of human hand joints.
- Die Beanspruchung des menschlichen Hüftgelenks. VI. Eine funktionelle analyse der knorpeldicken Verteilung am meschlichen femurkopf.Anat Embryol (Berl). 1977; 150: 129-140
- The load-bearing area in the knee joint.J Biomech. 1972; 5: 581-589
*This study was supported by grant AR17172, awarded by the National Institutes of Health.
**No benefits in any form have been received or will be received from a commercial party related directly or indirectly to the subject of this article.
***We thank James Kouba for his technical assistance in computer programming.