This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
A 3-year-old girl had a 4-month history of a tumor in her right hand. The tumor was located in the subcutaneous and soft tissues of the palm and the long, ring, and small fingers. Histologic studies showed a malignant fibrous histiocytoma that was confirmed by the ultrastructural study as having a fibroblastic and histiocytic origin. The long, ring, and small fingers were amputated. The postoperative course was normal, and 18 months later no recurrence or metastases were observed.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Hand Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Benign tumors of the hand.Acta Orthop Belg. 1974; 40: 172-198
- Tumors of the hand.in: Flynn JE Hand surgery. Williams & Wilkins Co, Baltimore1976: 1027-1039
- Tumors of the hand and forearm.in: Converse JM Reconstructive plastic surgery. ed 2. WB Saunders Co, Philadelphia1977: 3496-3497
- Vascular tumours of the hand.Scand J Plast Reconstr Surg. 1982; 16: 67-75
- Tumors of the hand.A ten-year survey and report of 437 cases. Am J Surg. 1960; 100: 293-302
- Hand tumors: A review.Hawaii Med J. 1967; 26: 403-408
- Hand tumors in children.Plast Reconstr Surg. 1970; 46: 130-139
- Metastatic tumors of the hand: A report of six cases.J Hand Surg. 1978; 3: 271-276
- Soft tissue sarcomas of the hand and foot.Cancer. 1985; 55: 2010-2018
- Malignant fibrous histiocytoma of the hand: A case report.J Hand Surg. 1977; 2: 297-298
- Malignant hemangioendothelioma in the hand: A case report.J Hand Surg. 1978; 3: 585-588
- The CV Mosby Co, St. Louis1981: 1422-1425 Ackerman's surgical pathology. ed 6.
- The CV Mosby Co, St. Louis1983: 166-198 Soft tissue tumors.
- Malignant fibrous histiocytoma: An analysis of 200 cases.Cancer. 1978; 41: 2250-2266
- Bloodborne spread of a benign giant cell tumor from the radius to the soft tissue of the hand.Cancer. 1984; 54: 2564-2567
- Extensive distal subcutaneous metastases of a “benign” giant cell tumor of the radius.Plast Reconstr Surg. 1985; 75: 263-267
- Parosteal fascitis.A self-limited benign process that simulates a malignant neoplasm. Am J Surg. 1962; 104: 800-807
- Parosteal (nodular) fascitis of the hand.A case report. J Bone Joint Surg [Am]. 1976; 58: 714-716
- Primary epithelioid sarcoma of the hand and forearm.J Bone Joint Surg [Am]. 1974; 56: 458-465
- Rechtferigt das Metastasierungsverhalten von Sarkomen an der Hand den funktionserhaltenden Eingriff?.Handchir Mikrochir Plast Chir. 1982; 14: 226-229
- Pleomorphic rhabdomyosarcomata of the extremities and limb girdles.J Bone Joint Surg [Am]. 1965; 47: 715-726
Accepted: January 20, 1986
Received: October 30, 1985
© 1986 American Society for Surgery of the Hand. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.