This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
A case of infantile digital fibromatosis with an unusual onset is reported. A Japanese girl, with a simple syndactyly of the right ring and little fingers, had an operation at the age of 2 1/2 years. Three months after the operation, multiple nodules appeared at the skin graft edge. The nodules were excised but soon recurred. When the patient was 8 years old, a large-scale excision of the tumors was performed. Intracytoplasmic inclusion bodies were shown by phosphotungstic acidhematoxylin stain, and the case was diagnosed as infantile digital fibromatosis.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Hand Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Recurring digital fibrous tumors of childhood: A review.Pediatrics. 1977; 59: 401-406
- Recurring digital fibrous tumors of childhood.Arch Path. 1965; 80: 228-231
- Recurring digital fibrous tumors of childhood.Pathology. 1972; 4: 215-223
- Infantile digital fibromatosis histological and electron microscopic study with a review of the literature.Acta Pathol Jpn. 1974; 24: 717-732
- Hand tumors in children.Plast Reconstr Surg. 1970; 46: 130-139
- Recurring digital fibrous tumor of childhood.Med Pediatr Oncol. 1979; 7: 365-370
- Dermal and fascial fibromatosis.Ann Surg. 1954; 139: 453-467
- Digital fibrous swelling in children.Br J Dermatol. 1970; 83: 446-458
- A myofibroblastic tumor.Am J Pathol. 1979; 94: 19-36
- Recurring digital fibroma.J Clin Pathol. 1982; 35: 849-854
- Infantile digital fibromatosis: Ultrastructural, histochemical, and tissue culture observations.Cancer. 1980; 46: 2238-2247
Accepted: January 8, 1986
Received: November 25, 1985
© 1986 American Society for Surgery of the Hand. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.