This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
A case of dislocation of the hamate bone, associated with palmar ridge fracture of the trapezium, is described. The mechanism of this injury is thought to be traction force through the transverse carpal ligament caused by a flattening of the transverse carpal arch.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Hand Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Luxation of the unciform bone.Med Surg Rep. 1882; 46 (Philadelphia): 418
- Missed fracture of the greator multangular.J Bone Joint Surg [Am]. 1966; 48: 1525-1528
- Die frakturen and luxationen der finger etc.Fortschr Röntgenstr. 1901; 5: 6
- über (isolierte) verletzungenstr der handwurgelknochen.Fortschr Röntgenstr. 1908; 12: 1
- Ein fall von luxation des os hamatum.Acta Radiol. 1926; 7: 9-13
- A case of dislocation of the hamate.Rinsho Seikei Geka. 1968; 3: 537-542
- Crush injury of the carpus.J Bone Joint Surg [Br]. 1985; 67: 286-289
Accepted: December 9, 1985
Received: August 6, 1985
© 1986 American Society for Surgery of the Hand. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.