This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
Palmar dislocation of the lunate is believed to be associated with either disruption of the scapholunate ligament or a fracture through the scaphoid—the two being mutually exclusive. A case of trans-scaphoid palmar lunate dislocation with associated complete disruption of the scapholunate ligament is reported.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Hand Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Fractures and dislocations of the wrist.in: Rockwood CA Green DP Fractures in adults. JB Lippincott, Philadelphia1984: 411-509
- Trans-scaphoid-lunate dislocation: A report of two cases.J Hand Surg. 1984; 9A: 370
- Classification and management of carpal dislocations.Clin Orthop. 1980; 149: 55
- Scaphoid and lunate dislocation: A report on a case.The Hand. 1981; 13: 303
- Treatment of acute lunate and perilunate dislocations.Clin Orthop. 1982; 164: 199
- Dislocations of the lunate with and without fracture of the scaphoid.J Bone Joint Surg [Br]. 1984; 66: 391
- Lunate and perilunate dislocations.J Bone Joint Surg [Br]. 1964; 46: 55
- Perilunar dislocation of the carpal bones and dislocation of the lunate bone.Surg Gynecol Obstet. 1944; 79: 256
- Carpal dislocations: Pathomechanics and progressive perilunar instability.J Hand Surg. 1980; 5: 226
- The wrist.J Bone Joint Surg [Br]. 1984; 66: 396
- Irreducible trans-scaphoid perilunate dislocation.J Bone Joint Surg [Am]. 1970; 52: 565
- Mechanism of carpal injuries.Clin Orthop. 1980; 149: 45
- An experimental approach to the mechanism of scaphoid waist fractures.J Hand Surg. 1978; 3: 142
Accepted: January 8, 1986
Received: October 10, 1985
© 1986 American Society for Surgery of the Hand. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.