This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Hand Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- The Williams & Wilkins Co, Baltimore1984: 145-174 Elements of research in physical therapy. ed 2.
- FA Davis Co, Philadelphia1984: 111-123 Research: The validation of clinical practice.
- Hunter J Schneider L Mackin J Callahan A Rehabilitation of the hand. ed 2. The CV Mosby Co, St. Louis1984: 49-78
- An objective and standardized test of hand function.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 1969; 50: 311
Minnesota rate of manipulation test. Layfayette Instrument Co, Sagamore and North Ninth Street, Layfayette, Ind.
- The Purdue Pegboard: Norms and studies of reliability and validity.J Appl Psychol. 1948; 32: 234
Crawford small parts dexterity test. The Psychological Corporation, 304 E. 45th St., New York, NY
- Thorndike RL Educational measurement. ed 2. American Council on Education, Washington DC1971: 356-442
- Oxford University Press, New York1967: 83-107 Fundamentals of measurement: Techniques and practices. ed 2.
- Thorndike RL Educational measurement. ed 2. American Council on Education, Washington DC1971: 443-501
- Statistics at square one. British Medical Association, London1983
- The CV Mosby Co, St. Louis1985: 170-174 Clinical mechanics of the hand.
- Effect of elbow position on grip and key pinch strength.J Hand Surg. 1985; 10A: 694-696
- Joint motion-Method of measuring and recording. The Academy, Chicago1956
- The handExamination and diagnosis. ed 2. Churchill Livingstone, New York1983
- Clinical assessment recommendations. The Society, Raleigh1981
- Evaluation of grip loss: Factor of permanent disability in California: Summation and conclusions of sub-committee for study of grasping power committee on industrial health and rehabilitation of California medical association.Calif Med. 1956; 85: 314-320
- Grip test: Use of a dynamometer with adjustable handle spacing.J Bone Joint Surg [Am]. 1954; 36: 820-824
- Muscle testing and function. The Williams & Wilkins Co, Baltimore1971
- Investigation of the T-5 cable tensiometer grip attachment for measuring strength of college women.Research Quarterly. 1969; 40: 848-849
- Investigation of the relationship of the hand size and lower arm girths to hand grip strength as measured by selected dynamometers.Research Quarterly. 1961; 32: 308-314
- Comparison of Stoelting hand grip dynamometer and linear voltage differential transformer for measuring grip strength.Research Quarterly. 1975; 46: 262-266
- Evaluation of hand grip in industry.Indust Med Surg. 1952; 21: 65
- Normal grip strength.Acta Orthop Scand. 1979; 50: 255-259
- Reliability and validity of grip and pinch strength evaluations.J Hand Surg. 1984; 9A: 222-226
- Hand strength and dexterity.Am J Occup Ther. 1971; 25: 77-83
- Grip strength as measured by the Jaymar dynamometer.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 1970; 51: 321-327
- Grip and pinch strength: normative data for adults.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 1985; 66: 69-74
- A work simulator for rehabilitating the upper extremity: Preliminary report.J Hand Surg. 1981; 6: 499-501
- Presented at the ninth annual meeting of the American Society of Hand Therapists, New Orleans1986 Comparison of torque strength measurements on two evaluation devices,
- An exploratory study of work simulator norms for grip and wrist flexion.Voc Eval & Work Adjst Bullet. 1985; : 61-65
- The moving two-point discrimination test: clinical evaluation of the quickly-adapting fiber receptor system.J Hand Surg. 1978; 3: 474-481
- Reeducation of sensation in the hand after nerve injury and repair.Plast Reconstr Surg. 1974; 53: 297-305
- Sensibility testing in peripheral nerve compression syndrome: An experimental study in humans.J Bone Joint Surg [Am]. 1983; 65: 632-638
- Objective methods of determining the functional value of sensibility in the hand.J Bone Joint Surg [Br]. 1958; 40: 454-456
- Recovery of sensibility and sudomotor activity in the hand after severe injury.Acta Chir Scand. 1962; : 300
- New and simple test for nerve function in the hand.Br Med J. 1973; 3: 615-616
- Comparison the finger wrinkling test results to established sensory tests in peripheral nerve injury.Am J Occup Ther. 1977; 31: 565-572
- Recovery of sensibility after suture of digital nerves.J Hand Surg. 1979; 4: 212-226
- New test for fingertip sensation.Br Med J. 1966; 2: 927-928
- The Williams & Wilkins Co, Baltimore1972: 53 Surgical disorders of the peripheral nerves.
- Harvard University Press, Cambridge1960: 4-11 Somato-sensory changes after penetrating brain wounds in man.
- Vibratory sensory testing in acute peripheral nerve compression.J Hand Surg. 1984; 9A: 104-109
- Verber den tastinn.Arch Anat Physiol. Wissensch Med. 1835; : 152-160
- Presented at the thirty-seventh annual meeting of the American Society of Surgery of the Hand, New Orleans1982 The force/time relationship of clinically used sensory testing instruments,
- Von Frey's method of measuring pressure sensibility in the hand: an engineering analysis of the Weinstein-Semmes pressure aesthesiometer.J Hand Surg. 1978; 3: 211-216
- Presented at the ninth annual meeting of the American Society of Hand Therapists, New Orleans1986 Repeatability of the Semmes-Weinstein monofilaments,
© 1986 American Society for Surgery of the Hand. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.