This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
Forty-six consecutive patients requiring flexor tendon grafts were evaluated at 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 16, 20, 22, 24, 28, 34, and 52 weeks after grafting. The patients were divided into two groups: those who did not require a silicone rubber rod prior to tendon grafting (Group I), and those who did require a silicone rubber rod prior to grafting (Group II). Analysis of the rate of functional recovery as measured by total active motion, gross grip strength, and pinch grip strength showed no significant difference between the two groups. Analysis of the extent of functional recovery at one year, as measured by total active motion and distance of digital pulp from distal palmar crease, showed no significant differences between Groups I and II.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Hand Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Reconstruction of digital pulleys.Plast. Reconstr. Surg. 1974; 52: 534
- Tendon grafts for flexor tendon injuries in the fingers and thumb: A study of technique and results.J. Bone Joint Surg. 1956; 38-B: 175
- Secondary restoration of finger flexion by digital tendon grafts.Am. J. Surg. 1956; 91: 662
- An evaluation of flexor tendon grafting.Br. J. Plast. Surg. 1967; 20: 21
- Flexor tendon grafts in the fingers and thumb.J. Bone Joint Surg. 1971; 53-A: 1332
Received in revised form: May 3, 1976
Received: January 16, 1976
Supported in part by United States Public Health Service Grant No. 1 RO 1 GM 21598-01.
© 1976 American Society for Surgery of the Hand. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.