This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
The lateral antebrachial cutaneous nerve was used as a nerve graft to bridge a defect in a digital nerve, when with the digit in full extension the nerve ends could not be approximated without tension. Thirteen grafts have been followed from 7 to 23 months. Two patients did not regain two point discrimination and therefore had a poor result. The remaining 11 patients recovered two point discrimination between 7 and 20 mm.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Hand Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Digital nerve repairs.Surg. Clin. North Am. 1972; 52: 1267
- The nerve gap: Suture under tension versus graft.Plast. Reconstr. Surg. 1975; 56: 166
- The interfascicular nerve—grafting of the median and ulnar nerves.J. Bone Joint Surg. 1972; 54A: 727
- Gray's anatomy. ed. 35. W. B. Saunders Company, Philadelphia1975: 1040
- Objective methods for determining the functional value of sensibility in the hand.J. Bone Joint Surg. 1948; 40B: 454
- Recovery of sensibility and sudomotor activity in the hand after nerve suture.Acta Chir. Scand. Suppl. 1962; : 300
- Note sur des essais de greffe d'un troncon de nerf lingual entre les deux bouts du nerf hypoglosse, apres excision d'un segment de ce cerniernerf.Arch. Physiol. Norm. Pathol. 1870; 3: 618
- An introduction.in: Michon J. Moberg E. Traumatic nerve lesions of the upper extremity. Churchill Livingstone, Edinburgh, London and New York1975: 2
- : Injury of the median and ulnar nerves.J. Bone Joint Surg. 1961; 43A: 717
- Sensory nerve conduction velocity and two-point discrimination in sutured nerves.Am. J. of Phys. Med. 1974; 53: 109
Received in revised form: July 19, 1976
Received: February 9, 1976
Presented at the Thirty-first Annual Meeting of the American Society for Surgery of the Hand, New Orleans, La., Jan. 28–30, 1976.
© 1976 American Society for Surgery of the Hand. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.