Type of study/level of evidence
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Hand Surgery
- Minimal clinically important differences of 3 patient-rated outcomes instruments.J Hand Surg Am. 2013; 38: 641-649
- Five- to 18-year follow-up for treatment of trapeziometacarpal osteoarthritis: A prospective comparison of excision, tendon interposition, and ligament reconstruction and tendon interposition.J Hand Surg Am. 2012; 37: 411-417
- A prospective, randomized trial of mobilization protocols following ligament reconstruction and tendon interposition.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2018; 100: 1275-1280
- Basal joint arthritis: trapeziectomy with ligament reconstruction and tendon interposition arthroplasty.J Hand Surg Am. 1996; 21: 202-209
- Surgical management of basal joint arthritis of the thumb. Part ii. Ligament reconstruction with tendon interposition arthroplasty.J Hand Surg Am. 1986; 11: 324-332
- Trapeziectomy and intermetacarpal ligament reconstruction with the extensor carpi radialis longus for osteoarthritis of the trapeziometacarpal joint: surgical technique and long-term results.J Hand Surg Am. 2006; 31: 1315-1321
- American academy of orthopaedic surgeons clinical practice guideline on : the treatment of distal radius fractures.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2011; 93: 775-778
- What is the most useful questionnaire for measurement of coping strategies in response to nociception?.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2015; 473: 3511-3518
- Psychological differences between patients that elect operative or nonoperative treatment for trapeziometacarpal joint arthrosis.Hand (N Y). 2008; 3: 271-275
- The role of emotional health in functional outcomes after orthopaedic surgery: extending the biopsychosocial model to orthopaedics: Aoa critical issues.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2013; 95: e165
- Relative prevalence of anxiety and depression in patients with upper extremity conditions.J Hand Surg Am. 2018; 43: 571.e1-571.e8
- PROMIS for orthopaedic outcomes measurement.J Am Acad Orthop Surg. 2016; 24: 744-749
- Association of physical function, anxiety, and pain interference in nonshoulder upper extremity patients using the PROMIS platform.J Hand Surg Am. 2017; 42: 781-787
- Prevalence of and factors associated with major depression in patients with upper extremity conditions.J Hand Surg Am. 2016; 41: 263-269.e97
- Depression and pain interference correlate with physical function in patients recovering from hand surgery.Hand (N Y). 2019; 14: 830-835
- Computerized adaptive testing of psychological factors: relation to upper-extremity disability.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2013; 95: e149
- Does a patient’s approach to achieving goals influence his or her recovery trajectory after musculoskeletal illness?.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2020; 478: 2067-2076
- The prognostic value of preoperative patient-reported function and psychological characteristics on early outcomes following trapeziectomy with ligament reconstruction tendon interposition for treatment of thumb carpometacarpal osteoarthritis.J Hand Surg Am. 2020; 45: 469-478
- Are psychologic factors associated with shoulder scores after rotator cuff surgery?.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2018; 476: 2062-2073
- Factors associated with the magnitude of limitations during recovery from a fracture of the proximal humerus : predictors of limitations after proximal humerus fracture.Bone Joint J. 2019; (101-B(6):715–723)
- Early psychological and social factors explain the recovery trajectory after distal radial fracture.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2020; 102: 788-795
- Reply to “the problem of collinearity in mental health and patient reported outcome research”.J Hand Surg Am. 2021; 46: e3-e6
- Research electronic data capture (REDCap)-a metadata-driven methodology and workflow process for providing translational research informatics support.JJ Biomed Inform. 2009; 42: 377-381
- Reliability of telephone acquisition of the PROMIS upper extremity computer adaptive test.J Hand Surg Am. 2021; 46: 187-199
About the QuickDASH. Institute for Work & Health. Available at: https://dash.iwh.on.ca/about-quickdash. Accessed August 12, 2022.
Health Measures, PROMIS Bank v1.1 - Pain Interference. Available at: https://www.healthmeasures.net/score-and-interpret/interpret-scores/promis. Accessed June 3, 2022.
Health Measures, PROMIS Bank v2.1 - Upper Extremity. Available at: https://www.healthmeasures.net/score-and-interpret/interpret-scores/promis. Accessed June 3, 2022.
- Psychologic factors do not affect placebo responses after upper extremity injections: A randomized trial.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2018; 476: 2219-2228
- Evaluation of version 2.0 of the PROMIS upper extremity computer adaptive test in nonshoulder upper extremity patients.J Hand Surg Am. 2019; 44: 267-273
- Preoperative patient-reported outcomes measurement information system (PROMIS) scores predict postoperative outcome in total shoulder arthroplasty patients.J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2019; 28: 547-554
- Development of an upper extremity outcome measure: the DASH (disabilities of the arm, shoulder and hand) [corrected]. The Upper Extremity Collaborative Group (UECG).Am J Ind Med. 1996; 29 (Published correction appears in Am J Ind Med. 1996;30(3):372): 602-608
- Self-reported upper extremity health status correlates with depression.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2006; 88: 1983-1988
- Upper extremity function, peer relationships, and pain interference: evaluating the biopsychosocial model in a pediatric hand surgery population using PROMIS.J Hand Surg Am. 2020; 45: 830-840
- Predictors of pain intensity and disability after minor hand surgery.J Hand Surg Am. 2010; 35: 956-960
- Predicting pain and disability in patients with hand fractures: comparing pain anxiety, anxiety sensitivity and pain catastrophizing.Eur J Pain. 2010; 14: 446-451
- Effects of baseline opioid medication use on patient-reported functional and psychological impairment among hand clinic patients.J Hand Surg Am. 2019; 44: 829-839
- The impact of depression and pain catastrophization on initial presentation and treatment outcomes for atraumatic hand conditions.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2014; 96: 806-814
- Is social support associated with upper extremity disability?.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2016; 474: 1830-1836
- Preoperative PROMIS scores predict postoperative PROMIS score improvement for patients undergoing hand surgery.Hand (N Y). 2020; 15: 185-193
- Minimal clinically important difference of the PROMIS upper-extremity computer adaptive test and quickdash for ligament reconstruction tendon interposition patients.J Hand Surg Am. 2021; 46: 516-516.e7
- Efficacy of surgical interventions for trapeziometacarpal (thumb base) osteoarthritis: a systematic review.J Hand Surg Glob Online. 2021; 3: 139-148
- Surgical management of primary thumb carpometacarpal osteoarthritis: a systematic review.J Hand Surg Am. 2011; 36: 157-169
- Surgery for thumb (trapeziometacarpal joint) osteoarthritis.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2015; 2015 (CD004631)
- Thumb basal joint arthritis.Clin Plast Surg. 2019; 46: 407-413
- Evidence-based practice in the surgical treatment of thumb carpometacarpal joint arthritis.J Hand Surg Am. 2017; 42: 104-112.e1
- Hylan versus corticosteroid versus placebo for treatment of basal joint arthritis: A prospective, randomized, double-blinded clinical trial.J Hand Surg Am. 2008; 33: 40-48
- A randomised controlled trial of intra-articular corticosteroid injection of the carpometacarpal joint of the thumb in osteoarthritis.Ann Rheum Dis. 2004; 63: 1260-1263
- Intra-articular therapies in the treatment of hand osteoarthritis: A systematic literature review.Drugs Aging. 2016; 33: 119-133
J.C. and M.J.R contributed equally to this work.
No benefits in any form have been received or will be received related directly or indirectly to the subject of this article.