Type of study/level of evidence
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Hand Surgery
- Total elbow arthroplasty as primary treatment for distal humeral fractures in elderly patients.JBJS. 1997; 79: 826-832
- A comparison of open reduction and internal fixation and primary total elbow arthroplasty in the treatment of intraarticular distal humerus fractures in women older than age 65.J Orthop Trauma. 2003; 17: 473-480
- Total elbow replacement for complex distal humerus fractures.J Bone Jt Surg Br vol. 2001; 83: 974-978
- Complex fractures of the distal humerus in the elderly.J Bone Jt Surg Br vol. 2002; 84: 812-816
- A multicenter, prospective, randomized, controlled trial of open reduction—internal fixation versus total elbow arthroplasty for displaced intra-articular distal humeral fractures in elderly patients.J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2009; 18: 3-12
- Total elbow arthroplasty as primary treatment for distal humeral fractures in elderly patients.Injury. 2000; 31: 687-692
- Primary total elbow arthroplasty for distal humeral fractures in elderly patients: a nationwide analysis.J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2016; 25: 1854-1860
- The expanding use of total elbow arthroplasty for distal humerus fractures: a retrospective database analysis of 56,379 inpatients from 2002-2014.Phys Sportsmed. 2018; 46: 492-498
- Distal humerus fractures in patients over 65: complications.Orthop Traumatol Surg Res. 2013; 99: 909-913
- Total elbow arthroplasty following complex fractures of the distal humerus: results in patients over 65 years of age.Acta Biomed. 2016; 87: 148-155
- Why does total elbow arthroplasty fail today? A systematic review of recent literature.Arch Orthop Trauma Surg. 2017; 137: 761-769
- Outcome of total elbow replacement for distal humeral fractures in the elderly: a comparison of primary surgery and surgery after failed internal fixation or conservative treatment.J Bone Jt Surg Br vol. 2008; 90: 343-348
- Distal humeral fractures treated with noncustom total elbow replacement.JBJS. 2004; 87: 940-947
- Open reduction and internal fixation versus total elbow arthroplasty for the treatment of geriatric distal humerus fractures: a systematic review and meta-analysis.J Orthop Trauma. 2014; 28: 481-488
- Results of total elbow arthroplasty in patients less than 50 years old.J Hand Surg Am. 2017; 42: 797-802
- Total elbow arthroplasty for distal humeral fractures: a ten-year-minimum follow-up study.JBJS. 2017; 99: 1524-1531
Publication stageIn Press Corrected Proof
Dr Richard is a paid consultant for Acumed, LLC., Bioventus, DJO, Field Orthopaedics, Medartis, Depuy Synthes, and Restor3d. Dr Carofino is a consultant for DJO, Exactech, and Medacta. Dr Gaston is a paid consultant for Zimmer Biomet, Integra, DJO, and Restor3d; and receives royalties from Zimmer Biomet. No benefits in any form have been received or will be received by the other authors related directly or indirectly to the subject of this article.