Materials and Methods
Type of study/level of evidence
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- The ulnar impaction syndrome.Hand Clin. 1991; 7: 295-310
- Arthroscopic wafer procedure versus ulnar shortening osteotomy as a surgical treatment for idiopathic ulnar impaction syndrome.Arthroscopy. 2018; 34: 421-430
- Ulnar shortening osteotomy in idiopathic ulnar impaction syndrome.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2005; 87: 2649-2654
- A comparison of combined arthroscopic triangular fibrocartilage complex debridement and arthroscopic wafer distal ulna resection versus arthroscopic triangular fibrocartilage complex debridement and ulnar shortening osteotomy for ulnocarpal abutment syndrome.Arthroscopy. 2004; 20: 392-401
- Comparison of ulnar shortening osteotomy and the wafer resection procedure as treatment for ulnar impaction syndrome.J Hand Surg Am. 2000; 25: 55-60
- The "wafer" procedure. Partial distal ulnar resection.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 1992; : 124-129
- Arthroscopic wafer procedure versus ulnar shortening osteotomy for treatment of idiopathic ulnar impaction syndrome: a randomized controlled trial.J Hand Surg Am. 2022; 47: 745-751
- Preferred reporting items for systematic review and meta-analysis protocols (PRISMA-P) 2015 statement.Syst Rev. 2015; 4: 1
- Cochrane Handbook for Systematic Reviews of Interventions.2nd ed. John Wiley & Sons, Chichester (UK)2019
- Methodological index for non-randomized studies (minors): development and validation of a new instrument.ANZ J Surg. 2003; 73: 712-716
- Meta-analysis of odds ratios: current good practices.Med Care. 2017; 55: 328-335
- Fixed- versus random-effects models in meta-analysis: model properties and an empirical comparison of differences in results.Br J Math Stat Psychol. 2009; 62: 97-128
Higgins JPT GSe. Cochrane Handbook for Systematic Reviews of Interventions Version 5.1.0 [updated March 2011]: The Cochrane Collaboration; 2011.
- Ulna shortening osteotomy versus arthroscopic wafer procedure in the treatment of ulnocarpal impingement syndrome.Hand Surg Rehabil. 2021; 40: 156-161
- Ulnar Impaction syndrome: ulnar shortening vs. arthroscopic wafer procedure.J Wrist Surg. 2014; 3: 98-100
- The management of ulnocarpal abutment and degenerative triangular fibrocartilage complex tears in the competitive athlete.Hand Clin. 2012; 28: 329-337
- A comparison of ulnar shortening osteotomy alone versus combined arthroscopic triangular fibrocartilage complex debridement and ulnar shortening osteotomy for ulnar impaction syndrome.Clin Orthop Surg. 2011; 3: 184-190
- Outcomes of ulnar shortening osteotomy fixed with a dynamic compression system.J Hand Surg Am. 2013; 38: 1520-1523
- Nonunion rates among ulnar-shortening osteotomy for ulnar impaction syndrome: a systematic review.J Hand Surg Am. 2019; 44: 612.e1-612.e12
- Triangular fibrocartilage disorders: injury patterns and treatment.Arthroscopy. 1990; 6: 125-132
- Operative treatment of ulnar impaction syndrome: a systematic review.J Hand Surg Eur Vol. 2015; 40: 470-476
- Soft tissue complications of dorsal versus volar plating for ulnar shortening osteotomy.J Hand Surg Am. 2015; 40: 928-933
- Comparative study of dorsal and volar plating for ulnar shortening osteotomy.J Hand Surg Asian Pac Vol. 2020; 25: 54-58
- A Study comparing the outcomes of transverse ulnar shortening osteotomy fixed with a DCP to oblique osteotomy fixed with a procedure specific plate.J Hand Surg Asian Pac Vol. 2020; 25: 441-446
- Ulnar shortening or arthroscopic wafer resection for ulnar impaction syndrome.Acta Orthop Belg. 2012; 78: 323-326
Publication stageIn Press Corrected Proof
Hyoung-Seok Jung and Chul-Ho Kim contributed equally to this manuscript as first authors.
No benefits in any form have been received or will be received related directly or indirectly to the subject of this article.