Type of study/level of evidence
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Development of a boxing dynamometer and its punch force discrimination efficacy.J Sports Sci. 2000; 18: 445-450
- Boxing injury epidemiology in the Great Britain team: a 5-year surveillance study of medically diagnosed injury incidence and outcome.Br J Sports Med. 2015; 49: 1100-1107
- Hand and wrist injuries in elite boxing: a longitudinal prospective study (2005–2012) of the Great Britain Olympic boxing squad.Hand (N Y). 2017; 12: 181-187
- Disabling hand injuries in boxing: boxer's knuckle and traumatic carpal boss.Clin Sports Med. 2009; 28: 609-621
- Protective buttressing of the human fist and the evolution of hominin hands.J Exp Biol. 2013; 216: 236-244
- Quantifying wrist angular excursion on impact for Jab and Hook lead arm shots in boxing.Sports Biomech. 2021; 6: 1-13
- Chronic sprains of the carpometacarpal joints.J Hand Surg Am. 1981; 6: 172-180
- Post-traumatic arthrosis of the index carpometacarpal joint. A rationale for treatment and report of two cases.Orthopedics. 1987; 10: 1429-1433
- Carpometacarpal arthrodesis for traumatic carpal boss among combative athletes.Orthopedics. 2022; 45: e17-e22
- Hand injury in boxing.Br J Sports Med. 1972; 6: 80-84
- Hand injuries in boxing.Am J Sports Med. 1987; 15: 342-346
- Combined joint fusion for index and middle carpometacarpal instability in elite boxers.J Hand Surg Eur. 2014; 39: 242-248
- Hand CMCJ instability in combat sports.in: Luchetti R. Pegoli L. Bain G. Hand and Wrist Injuries In Combat Sports. Springer, 2018: 123-127
- Hand and wrist injuries: a focus on boxing.in: Port S. Wilson J. A Comprehensive Guide to Sports Physiology and Injury Management. Elsevier, 2020: 315-332
Publication stageIn Press Corrected Proof
No benefits in any form have been received or will be received related directly or indirectly to the subject of this article.