Type of study/level of evidence
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Avulsion injuries of the flexor digitorum profundus tendon.J Am Acad Orthop Surg. 2011; 19: 152-162
- The scientific basis for advances in flexor tendon surgery.J Hand Ther. 2005; 18: 94-111
- The evidence-base for the management of flexor tendon injuries of the hand: review.Ann Med Surg (Lond). 2019; 48: 1-6
- The morbidity of the button-over-nail technique for zone 1 flexor tendon repairs. Should we still be using this technique?.J Hand Surg Eur Vol. 2008; 33: 566-570
- Zone 1 flexor tendon injuries: a review of the current treatment options for acute injuries.J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2013; 66: 1023-1031
- Repair of acute ulnar collateral ligament injuries of the thumb metacarpophalangeal joint: a retrospective comparison of pull-out sutures and bone anchor techniques.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2008; 122: 1451-1456
- Bone suture anchors versus the pullout button for repair of distal profundus tendon injuries: a comparison of strength in human cadaveric hands.J Hand Surg Am. 2001; 26: 489-496
- Primary flexor tendon repair in zone 1.J Hand Surg Br. 2000; 25: 78-84
- Comparison of an all-inside suture technique with traditional pull-out suture and suture anchor repair techniques for flexor digitorum profundus attachment to bone.J Hand Surg Am. 2013; 38: 1084-1090
- A novel technique for the treatment of Jersey fingers.Am J Orthop (Belle Mead NJ). 2018; 47https://doi.org/10.12788/ajo.2018.0026
- Complications following transosseous repair of zone I flexor tendon injuries.J Hand Surg Am. 2020; 45: 1183.e1-1183.e7
- Flexor tendon repair.Hand Clin. 1985; 1: 55-68
- Biomechanical analysis of four-strand extensor tendon repair techniques.J Hand Surg Am. 1997; 22: 838-842
- Avulsion of the profundus tendon insertion in athletes.J Hand Surg Am. 1977; 2: 66-69
- The Mantero flexor tendon repair in zone 1.J Hand Surg Br. 1999; 24: 148-151
- Comparison of pullout button versus suture anchor for zone I flexor tendon repair.J Hand Surg Am. 2006; 31: 246-251
- Anatomical repair of zone 1 flexor tendon injuries.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2009; 123: 617-622
- A new technique of attachment of flexor tendons to the distal phalanx without a button tie-over.J Hand Surg Br. 1996; 21: 629-632
- Zone I flexor tendon rehabilitation with limited extension and active flexion.J Hand Ther. 2005; 18: 128-140
- Motion-stable flexor tendon repair with the Mantero technique in the distal part of the fingers.J Hand Surg Eur Vol. 2010; 35: 51-55
- Zone-II flexor tendon repair: a randomized prospective trial of active place-and-hold therapy compared with passive motion therapy.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2010; 92: 1381-1389
Compton J, Wall LB, Romans B, Goldfarb CA. Outcomes of acute repair versus nonrepair of zone i flexor digitorum profundus tendon injuries. J Hand Surg Am. Published online April 9, 2022. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhsa.2022.02.005
Publication stageIn Press Corrected Proof
No benefits in any form have been received or will be received related directly or indirectly to the subject of this article.
Worked performed at the Department of Orthopaedics and Physical Performance, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY.