Type of study/level of evidence
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Hand Surgery
- Nerve transfers to restore shoulder function.Hand Clin. 2016; 32: 153-164
- Five operations that give the best results after brachial plexus injury.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2017; 140: 545-556
- Nerve transfer to deltoid muscle using the nerve to the long head of the triceps, part I: an anatomic feasibility study.J Hand Surg Am. 2003; 28: 628-632
- Nerve transfer to deltoid muscle using the nerve to the long head of the triceps, part II: a report of 7 cases.J Hand Surg Am. 2003; 28: 633-638
- Mapping the axillary nerve within the deltoid muscle.Surg Radiol Anat. 2009; 31: 43-47
- The posterior neuromuscular compartment of the deltoid.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2005; 115: 1660-1664
- Applied anatomy of the axillary nerve for selective neurotization of the deltoid muscle.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2001; 390: 244-251
- The posterior branch of the axillary nerve: an anatomic study.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2003; 85: 1497-1501
- The anatomic branch pattern of the axillary nerve.J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2007; 16: 240-244
Bertelli JA, Goklani MS, Gasparelo KR, Seltser A. Transdeltoid approach to axillary nerve repair: anatomical study and case series. J Hand Surg Am. Published online November 8, 2021. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhsa.2021.09.017.
- Surgical anatomy of the axillary nerve branches to the deltoid muscle.Clin Anat. 2015; 28: 118-122
- The swallow-tail sign: a test of deltoid function.J Bone Joint Surg Br. 1995; 77: 152-153
- Abduction in internal rotation: a test for the diagnosis of axillary nerve palsy.J Hand Surg Am. 2011; 36: 2017-2023
- Radial to axillary nerve transfer outcomes in shoulder abduction: a systematic review.Plast Reconstr Surg Glob Open. 2020; 8e3096
- Restoration of shoulder function with nerve transfers in traumatic brachial plexus palsy patients.Microsurgery. 2006; 26: 316-324
- Nerve transfer in brachial plexus traction injuries.J Neurosurg. 1992; 76: 191-197
- Results of nerve transfer techniques for restoration of shoulder and elbow function in the context of a meta-analysis of the English literature.J Hand Surg Am. 2001; 26: 303-314
- Restoration of shoulder abduction by nerve transfer in avulsed brachial plexus injury: evaluation of 99 patients with various nerve transfers.Plast Reconstr Surg. 1995; 96: 122-128
- Electromyographic study of the extensor apparatus of the forearm.Anat Rec. 1962; 144: 373-376
- Requirements for upper extremity motions during activities of daily living.Clin Biomech (Bristol, Avon). 2005; 20: 591-599
- Complete 3D kinematics of upper extremity functional tasks.Gait Posture. 2008; 27: 120-127
- The deltoid extension lag sign for diagnosis and grading of axillary nerve palsy.J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 1998; 7: 97-99
Publication stageIn Press Corrected Proof
No benefits in any form have been received or will be received related directly or indirectly to the subject of this article.