Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Hand Surgery
- Global surgery 2030: evidence and solutions for achieving health, welfare, and economic development.The Lancet. 2015; 386: 569-624
- Surgery and global health: a view from beyond the OR.World J Surg. 2008; 32: 533-536
- Fly-by medical care: conceptualizing the global and local social responsibilities of medical tourists and physician voluntourists.Global Health. 2011; 7: 1-4
- Health impact assessment and short-term medical missions: a methods study to evaluate quality of care.BMC Health Serv Res. 2008; 8: 1-8
- Touching Hands–2019 Annual Report.https://www.touchinghands.org/About-Us/Annual-ReportDate accessed: February 4, 2020
- Are American surgical residents prepared for humanitarian deployment?: a comparative analysis of resident and humanitarian case logs.World J Surg. 2018; 42: 32-39
- Integrating patient-reported outcomes into orthopaedic clinical practice: proof of concept from FORCE-TJR.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2013; 471: 3419-3425
American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons. American Joint Replacement Registry–Annual Report 2018. https://www.aaos.org/globalassets/registries/aaos-ajrr-2018-annual-ca-supplement-final.pdf. Accessed February 4, 2020.
- What factors are associated with response rates for long-term follow-up questionnaire studies in hand surgery?.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2020; 478: 2889-2898
- Quality of essential surgical care in low- and middle-income countries: a systematic review of the literature.Int J Qual Health Care. 2019; 31: 166-172
- High-quality health systems in the sustainable development goals era: time for a revolution.Lancet Glob Health. 2018; 6: e1196-e1252
- The feasibility of a randomized controlled trial for open tibial fractures at a regional hospital in Uganda.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2019; 101: e44
- Measurement of patient reported disability using WHODAS 2.0 before and after surgical intervention in Madagascar.BMC Health Serv Res. 2018; 18: 1-7
- Low infection rates after 34,361 intramedullary nail operations in 55 low- and middle-income countries: validation of the Surgical Implant Generation Network (SIGN) online surgical database.Acta Orthop. 2011; 82: 737-743
- Clinical outcomes and complications of the Surgical Implant Generation Network (SIGN) intramedullary nail: a systematic review and meta-analysis.J Orthop Trauma. 2019; 33: 42-48
- Sustainability assessment of a short-term international medical mission.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2015; 97: 944-949
- Mobile phone administration of hip-specific patient-reported outcome instruments correlates highly with in-office administration.J Am Acad Orthop Surg. 2020; 28: e41-e46
- Osteoarthritis Index delivered by mobile phone (m-WOMAC) is valid, reliable, and responsive.J Clin Epidemiol. 2011; 64: 182-190
- Delivery of patient-reported outcome instruments by automated mobile phone text messaging.Hand (N Y). 2017; 12: 614-621
- Interventions to improve adherence to antiretroviral therapy: a systematic review and network meta-analysis.Lancet HIV. 2017; 4: e31-e40
- SMS text message reminders to improve infant vaccination coverage in Guatemala: a pilot randomized controlled trial.Vaccine. 2016; 34: 2437-2443
- Telecommunications W ICT facts and figures 2016.https://www.itu.int/en/ITU-D/Statistics/Documents/facts/ICTFactsFigures2016.pdfDate accessed: February 4, 2020
Nielsen. Smartphone Keeps Up the Growth Momentum With Increasing Usage Incidences in Key Cities; Whilst Rural Smartphone Users Reaching Up to 68%. https://www.nielsen.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2019/04/Web_Nielsen_Smartphones20Insights_EN.pdf. Accessed February 4, 2020.
- A patient follow-up program for short-term surgical mission trips to a developing country.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2016; 98: 226-232
- Context and action in the transformation of the firm.J Manag Stud. 1987; 24: 649-670
- Implementing electronic health records in hospitals: a systematic literature review.BMC Health Serv Res. 2014; 14: 1-24
No benefits in any form have been received or will be received related directly or indirectly to the subject of this article.