Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- A national survey of physician–industry relationships.NEngl J Med. 2007; 356: 1742-1750
- Association of compensation from the surgical and medical device industry to physicians and self-declared conflict of interest.JAMA Surg. 2018; 153: 997-1002
- Conflict of Interest in Medical Research, Education, and Practice.National Academies Press, Washington, DC2009
- Accuracy between AJSM author-reported disclosures and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services Open Payments database.Am J Sports Med. 2018; 46: 969-976
- An evaluation of industry relationships among contributors to AAOS clinical practice guidelines and appropriate use criteria.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2018; 100: e10
- Academic influence and its relationship to industry payments in orthopaedic surgery.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2018; 100: e59
The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. PL, §6002: Transparency reports and reporting of physician ownership or investment interests. 2010. Available at: https://www.congress.gov/111/plaws/publ148/PLAW-111publ148.pdf. Accessed March 11, 2020.
- Open Payments. 2019.(Available at:)https://www.cms.gov/OpenPayments/index.htmlDate accessed: February 28, 2019
- Discordance of conflict of interest self-disclosure and the Centers of Medicare and Medicaid Services.J Surg Res. 2017; 218: 18-22
- Assessment of conflicts of interest in robotic surgical studies: validating author's declarations with the open payments database.Ann Surg. 2018; 268: 86-92
- An analysis of the Open Payment Database in neurotology.Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2018; 158: 319-322
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Service. Open Payments Data. Available at: https://openpaymentsdata.cms.gov/. Accessed February 28, 2019.
- ICMJE Form for Disclosure of Potential Conflicts of Interest. 2019.(Available at:)http://www.icmje.org/recommendations/browse/roles-and-responsibilities/author-responsibilities--conflicts-of-interest.htmlDate accessed: January 27, 2019
- Instructions for Authors. 2019.(Available at:)https://journals.lww.com/jbjsjournal/Pages/Instructions-for-Authors.aspxDate accessed: March 19, 2019
- The Journal of Hand Surgery Guide for Authors. 2019.(Available at:)https://www.elsevier.com/journals/the-journal-of-hand-surgery/03635023/guide-for-authorsDate accessed: March 19, 2019
- Information for Authors: Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 2019.(Available at:)https://journals.lww.com/plasreconsurg/Pages/InformationforAuthors.aspxDate accessed: March 19, 2019
- AAOS Disclosure Program. 2019.(Available at)http://www7.aaos.org/education/disclosureDate accessed: March 19, 2019
- Conflict-of-interest disclosures to the Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery: The relevance of industry-reported payments.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2018; 100: e51
- Industry financial relationships in orthopaedic surgery: analysis of the sunshine act open payments database and comparison with other surgical subspecialties.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2015; 97: 1288-1295
- Plastic surgeons’ perceptions of financial conflicts of interest and the Sunshine Act.Plast Reconstr Surg Glob Open. 2018; 6: e1733
- Pharmaceutical industry-sponsored meals and physician prescribing patterns for Medicare beneficiaries.JAMA Intern Med. 2016; 176: 1114-1122
- Cash interests taint drug advice.Nature. 2005; 437: 1070-1071
- Disclosure of financial conflicts of interest in plastic and reconstructive surgery.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2017; 140: 635-639
- Accuracy of conflict-of-interest disclosures reported by physicians.N Engl J Med. 2009; 361: 1466-1474
No benefits in any form have been received or will be received related directly or indirectly to the subject of this article.