Type of study/level of evidence
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Health Statistics. Underlying cause of death 1999–2016. CDC WONDER Online Database. Released December 2017. Available at: https://wonder.cdc.gov/mcd.html. Accessed November 5, 2019.
- The burden of opioid-related mortality in the united states.JAMA Network Open. 2018; 1e180217
- Characteristics of opioid prescriptions in 2009.JAMA. 2011; 305: 1299-1301
- Results from the 2013 National Survey on Drug Use and Health: Summary of National Findings. NSDUH Series H-48, HHS Pub. No. SMA 14e4863.Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, Rockville, MD2014: 13-4795
- Orthopaedic postoperative pain management.J Perianesth Nurs. 2007; 22: 160-172
- Postoperative pain in ambulatory surgery.Anesth Analg. 1997; 85: 808-816
- Symposium addresses pain management in the opioid epidemic.AAOS Now. 2014;
- Opioid consumption following outpatient upper extremity surgery.J Hand Surg Am. 2012; 37: 645-650
- A prospective evaluation of opioid utilization after upper-extremity surgical procedures: identifying consumption patterns and determining prescribing guidelines.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2016; 98: e89
- Prospective evaluation of an opioid reduction protocol in hand surgery.J Hand Surg Am. 2018; 43: 516-522.e511
- Overprescription of postoperative narcotics: a look at postoperative pain medication delivery, consumption and disposal in urological practice.J Urol. 2011; 185: 551-555
- Our bulging medicine cabinets—the other side of medication nonadherence.N Engl J Med. 2011; 364: 1591-1593
- The effect of an educational program on opioid prescription patterns in hand surgery: a quality improvement program.J Hand Surg Am. 2015; 40: 341-346
- The impact of confounder selection criteria on effect estimation.Am J Epidemiol. 1989; 129: 125-137
- Simulation study of confounder-selection strategies.Am J Epidemiol. 1993; 138: 923-936
No benefits in any form have been received or will be received related directly or indirectly to the subject of this article.