We report the rare case of an intraosseous epidermoid cyst of the distal radius associated with an acute infection in a 79-year-old woman.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Hand Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Epidermal cyst in bone.Cancer. 1958; 11: 643-648
- Cystic and pseudocystic lesions of the terminal phalanx with special reference to epidermoid cysts.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 1970; 68: 84-92
- Squamous cysts involving the skull and distal phalanges.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 1964; 46: 1442-1450
- Epidermoid cysts of the foot: with or without bone involvement.J Foot Surg. 1992; 31: 203-206
- Intraosseous epidermoid inclusion cyst in a great toe: a case report and review of the literature.Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2003; 127: e298-e300
- Giant intradiploic epidermoid cysts of the skull: a report of eight cases.Br J Neurosurg. 2000; 14: 225-228
- Primary bone tumours of the hand: report of 21 cases.Pediatr Radiol. 1988; 18: 140-148
- Epidermal cysts of the femur: a case report.S Afr Med J. 1980; 58: 779-780
- Traumatic epidermoid cyst of the ulna: report of a case.J Bone Joint Surg Br. 1982; 64: 456-457
- Intracortical epidermoid cyst of the tibia.Skeletal Radiol. 2004; 33: 481-484
- Intraosseous epidermoid cyst in the femur after an open fracture: a case report.JBJS Case Connect. 2013; 3: e120
- Epidermoid cyst of the thumb.Orthopedics. 2002; 25: 862-863
- Intraosseous epidermoid cyst in a metacarpal mimicking malignancy.Orthopedics. 1997; 20: 719-721
- Intraosseous epidermoid cyst discovered in the distal phalanx of a thumb: a case report.Hand Surg. 2014; 19: 265-267
- Epidermoid cyst of the phalanx of the finger caused by nail biting.J Plast Surg Hand Surg. 2012; 46: 450-451
- An intraosseous epidermal cyst developing in a metacarpal bone after K-wire fixation: a case report.Skeletal Radiol. 2015; 44: 1523-1527
- The proximal ulna: an anatomic study with relevance to olecranon osteotomy and fracture fixation.J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2003; 12: 293-296
Published online: January 30, 2019
Accepted: December 10, 2018
Received: July 26, 2018
No benefits in any form have been received or will be received related directly or indirectly to the subject of this article.
© 2019 by the American Society for Surgery of the Hand. All rights reserved.