Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Hand Surgery
- The state of ED on-call coverage in California.Am J Emerg Med. 2004; 22: 575-581
- On-call specialists and higher level of care transfers in California emergency departments.Acad Emerg Med. 2008; 15: 329-336
- Medicare Program; Clarifying Policies Related to the Responsibilities of Medicare-Participating Hospitals in Treating Individuals With Emergency Medical Conditions; Final Rule.Fed Regist. 2003; 68: 53222-53264
Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1985 (COBRA). PL 99-272. Title IX, Section 9121, 100 Stat 167. Available at: http://www.legisworks.org/GPO/STATUTE-100-Pg82.pdf. Published April 7, 1986. Accessed February 1, 2016.
- Medicare program: clarifying policies related to the responsibilities of Medicare-participating hospitals in treating individuals with emergency medical conditions. Final rule.Fed Regist. 2003; 68: 53222-53264
- Hand trauma: a prospective evaluation of patients transferred to a level I trauma center.Am J Orthop. 2010; 39: 196-200
- Characteristics of emergency department transfers for hand surgery consultation.Hand (N Y). 2013; 8: 12-16
- Consequences of federal patient transfer regulations: effect of the 2003 EMTALA revision on a tertiary referral center and evidence of possible misuse.Arch Intern Med. 2012; 172: 891-892
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. National Hospital Ambulatory Medical Care Survey: 2011 Emergency Department Summary Tables. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/ahcd/nhamcs_emergency/2011_ed_web_tables.pdf. Accessed February 1, 2016.
- The epidemiology of upper extremity injuries presenting to the emergency department in the United States.Hand (N Y). 2011; 7: 18-22
ACS National Trauma Data Bank (NTDB). Available at: https://www.facs.org/search/trauma-centers?country=United%20States. Accessed February 3, 2016.
- National Hospital Ambulatory Medical Care Survey: 2007 emergency department summary.Natl Health Stat Rep. 2010; 26: 1-31
Consultation/Verification Program Reference Guide of Suggested Classification. Available at: https://www.facs.org/∼/media/files/quality%20programs/trauma/vrc1.ashx. Accessed February 1, 2016.
- Current practice of microsurgery by members of the American Society for Surgery of the Hand.J Hand Surg Am. 2007; 32: 541-547
- Patients transferred for emergency upper extremity evaluation: does insurance status matter?.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2013; 131: 593-600
- A prospective evaluation of patients with isolated orthopedic injuries transferred to a level I trauma center.J Orthop Trauma. 2006; 20: 613-617
- The influence of insurance status on the transfer of femoral fracture patients to a level-I trauma center.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2007; 89: 2625-2631
- Effect of policy change on the use of long-distance transport and follow-up care for patients with traumatic finger amputations.J Hand Surg Am. 2016; 41: 610-617.e2
- Upper extremity and digital replantation.Hand (N Y). 2011; 6: 356-363
- A Meta-analysis of success rates for digit replantation.Tech Hand Up Extrem Surg. 2006; 10: 124-129
- Nonsurgical factors of digital replantation and survival rate: a metaanalysis.Indian J Orthop. 2015; 49: 265-271
- Retrospective review of air transportation use for upper extremity amputations at a level-1 trauma center.J Hand Microsurg. 2016; 8: 86-90
- Factors affecting composite graft survival in digital tip amputations.Ann Plast Surg. 2003; 50: 299-303
- Upper extremity amputations and prosthetics.Semin Plast Surg. 2015; 29: 55-61
- Relationship between weather and seasonal factors and trauma admission volume at a level Itrauma center.J Trauma. 2001; 51: 118-122
- Correlating weather and trauma admissions at a level I trauma center.J Trauma. 2006; 60: 1096-1100
- Modelling the effects of the weather on admissions to UK trauma units: a cross-sectional study.Emerg Med J. 2010; 28: 851-855
- A year’s trauma admissions and the effect of the weather.Injury. 2005; 36: 40-46
- The epidemiology of amputation injuries in the Austrian helicopter emergency medical service: a retrospective, nationwide cohort study.Eur J Trauma Emerg Surg. 2012; 38: 651-657
- Incidence, epidemiology, and operative outcome of replantation or revascularisation of injury to the upper extremity.Scand J Plast Reconstr Surg Hand Surg. 2010; 44: 44-49
- Hand injury from powered wood splitters.Scand J Plast Reconstr Surg Hand Surg. 2008; 42: 246-252
No benefits in any form have been received or will be received related directly or indirectly to the subject of this article.