Type of study/level of evidence
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Hand Surgery
U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission. Fireworks Annual Report 2014. Available at: http://www.cpsc.gov//Global/Research-and-Statistics/Injury-Statistics/Fuel-Lighters-and-Fireworks/Fireworks_Report_2014.pdf. Accessed April 24, 2016.
- Pediatric fireworks-related injuries in the United States: 1990–2003.Pediatrics. 2006; 118: 296-303
- US emergency department visits for fireworks injuries, 2006–2010.J Surg Res. 2014; 190: 305-311
- The rockets' red glare, the bombs bursting in air: fireworks-related injuries to children.Pediatrics. 1996; 98: 1-9
- Patterns in blast injuries to the hand.Hand (N Y). 2009; 4: 44-49
- Major pediatric hand trauma associated with fireworks.J Orthop Trauma. 2000; 14: 426-428
- Explosion injuries of the hand: spatial relationship and injury pattern.J Hand Surg Br. 1996; 21: 785-787
- Blast injury of the hand: treatment.Chirurgie. 2004; 23: 215-223
- Blast injuries to the hand: pathomechanics, patterns and treatment.J Emerg Trauma Shock. 2013; 6: 29-36
- The tic-tac-toe classification system for mutilating injuries of the hand.Plast Reconstr Surg. 1997; 100: 1200-1211
- Blast injuries of the hand.J Trauma. 1962; 2: 10-35
- Optimum management of hand blast injuries.Int Surg. 1990; 75: 109-114
- Reconstruction of blast injuries of the hand and upper limb.Injury. 2013; 44: 305-312
- Firework-related injuries of the hand.J Hand Surg [Am]. 2015; 40: 383-387
American College of Surgeons. Guidelines for Operation of Burn Centers. In: Resources for Optimal Care of the Injured Patient 2006 (pp. 79–86). Available at: http://www.ameriburn.org/Chapter14.pdf. Accessed January 19, 2017.
American Pyrotechnics Association. Directory of State Laws. Available at: http://www.americanpyro.com/state-law-directory. Accessed July 4, 2016.
Washington State Patrol Fire Protection Bureau. Fireworks Safety Campaign Types of Legal Consumer Fireworks Per Rcw 70.77.136. Available at: http://www.wsp.wa.gov/fire/docs/fireworks/campaignkit_intro.pdf. Accessed April 24, 2016.
- Risk factors for fireworks-related injury in washington state.JAMA. 1984; 251: 3251-3254
- The epidemiology of firework-related injuries in the United States: 2000–2010.Injury. 2014; 45: 1704-1709
No benefits in any form have been received or will be received related directly or indirectly to the subject of this article.