Type of study/level of evidence
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Hand Surgery
- Epidemiology of adult fractures: a review.Injury. 2006; 37: 691-697
- Management of distal radial fractures.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2007; 89: 2051-2062
- A revolution in the management of fractures of the distal radius?.J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2008; 90: 1271-1275
- Wrist-bridging versus non-bridging external fixation for displaced distal radius fractures: a randomized assessor-blind clinical trial of 38 patients followed for 1 year.Acta Orthop. 2006; 77: 445-453
- External fixation of fractures of the distal radius: a randomized comparison of the Hoffman compact II non-bridging fixator and the Dynawrist fixator in 75 patients followed for 1 year.Acta Orthop. 2009; 80: 104-108
- Volar fixation for dorsally displaced fractures of the distal radius: a preliminary report.J Hand Surg Am. 2002; 27: 205-215
- The operative treatment of fractures of the distal radius is increasing: results from a nationwide Swedish study.Bone Joint J. 2014; 96-B: 963-969
- Fractures of the distal part of the radius. The evolution of practice over time. Where's the evidence?.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2008; 90: 1855-1861
- A meta-analysis of outcomes of external fixation versus plate osteosynthesis for unstable distal radius fractures.J Hand Surg Am. 2005; 30: 1185-1199
- Internal versus external fixation for unstable distal radius fractures: an up-to-date meta-analysis.Int Orthop. 2011; 35: 1333-1341
- External fixation versus internal fixation for unstable distal radius fractures: a systematic review and meta-analysis of comparative clinical trials.J Orthop Trauma. 2012; 26: 386-394
- External fixation versus open reduction with plate fixation for distal radius fractures: a meta-analysis of randomised controlled trials.Injury. 2013; 44: 409-416
- Comparison of internal and external fixation of distal radius fractures.Acta Orthop. 2013; 84: 286-291
- Open reduction and internal fixation versus external fixation for unstable distal radial fractures: a meta-analysis.Orthop Traumatol Surg Res. 2013; 99: 321-331
- Functional outcome in patients with unstable distal radius fractures, volar locking plate versus external fixation: a meta-analysis.Strategies Trauma Limb Reconstr. 2013; 8: 67-75
- Volar locking plate versus external fixation for the treatment of unstable distal radial fractures: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials.J Surg Res. 2015; 193: 324-333
- Open reduction and internal fixation compared to closed reduction and external fixation in distal radial fractures: a randomized study of 50 patients.Acta Orthop. 2009; 80: 478-485
- Evaluation of a treatment protocol in distal radius fractures: a prospective study in 581 patients using DASH as outcome.Acta Orthop. 2008; 79: 376-385
- CONSORT 2010 explanation and elaboration: updated guidelines for reporting parallel group randomised trials.BMJ. 2010; 23 (c869): 340
- Distal radius classification.in: AO Principles of Fracture Management. Thieme, Davos Platz, Switzerland2000
- The epidemiology of low- and high-energy distal radius fracture in middle-aged and elderly men and women in Southern Norway.PloS One. 2012; 7: e43367
Research Randomizer. Available at: http://www.randomizer.org. Accessed November 17, 2010.
- Open reduction and internal fixation of unstable distal radius fractures: results using the TriMed fixation system.J Orthop Trauma. 2002; 16: 578-585
- Grip Strength.2nd ed. American Society of Hand Therapists, Chicago1992
- Grip strength and hand dominance: challenging the 10% rule.Am J Occup Ther. 1989; 43: 444-447
- Sensitivity of the Jamar Dynamometer in detecting submaximal grip effort.J Hand Surg Am. 1996; 21: 402-405
- The shortened disabilities of the arm, shoulder and hand questionnaire (QuickDASH): validity and reliability based on responses within the full-length DASH.BMC Musculoskelet Disord. 2006; 7: 44
- A 12-item Short-Form Health Survey: construction of scales and preliminary tests of reliability and validity.Med Care. 1996; 34: 220-233
- Radiographic evaluation of the wrist: what does the hand surgeon want to know?.Radiology. 1992; 184: 15-24
- Norian SRS versus external fixation in redisplaced distal radial fractures. A randomized study in 40 patients.Acta Orthop Scand. 1999; 70: 1-5
- A prospective randomized trial comparing nonoperative treatment with volar locking plate fixation for displaced and unstable distal radial fractures in patients sixty-five years of age and older.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2011; 93: 2146-2153
- Surgical treatment of distal radial fractures with a volar locking plate versus conventional percutaneous methods: a randomized controlled trial.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2013; 95: 1737-1744
The DASH and QuickDASH—Outcome Measures E-Bulletin. Toronto, Ontario, Canada: Institute for Work & Health; 2013.
A.A. has been a paid instructor of 1 TriMed course. The rest of the authors declare they have no relevant conflicts of interest.