Type of study/level of evidence
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- The hypoplastic thumb.J Am Acad Orthop Surg. 2006; 14: 354-366
- Numermical Variations.in: Schneider-Sickert F. Congenital Variations of the Hand. Springer Science & Business Media, Berlin, Germany1981: 120-121
- Congenital malformations of the hand and forearm.Chir Main. 2002; 21: 70-101
- Type IIIA hypoplastic thumb.J Hand Surg Am. 1995; 20: 246-253
- The association of radial deficiency with thumb hypoplasia.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2004; 86-A: 2196-2205
- Characteristics of patients with hypoplastic thumbs.J Hand Surg Am. 1996; 21: 104-113
- Opposition of the thumb and its restoration by abductor digiti quinti transfer.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 1963; 45: 1389-1396
- Abductor digiti quinti opponensplasty.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 1977; 59: 895-898
- Abductor digiti minimi opponensplasty in congenital radial dysplasia.J Hand Surg Am. 1978; 3: 552-559
- Flexor digitorum superficialis opposition transfer for augmenting function in types II and IIIA thumb hypoplasia.J Hand Surg Am. 2016; 41: 244-249
- Outcome of flexor digitorum superficialis opponensplasty for type II and IIIA thumb hypoplasia.J Hand Surg Eur Vol. 2016; 41: 258-264
- Abductor digiti minimi opponensplasty in hypoplastic thumb.J Hand Surg Br. 1986; 11: 372-377
- Abductor digiti minimi myocutaneous flap for opponensplasty in congenital hypoplastic thumbs.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2008; 122: 1807-1811
- Clinical test of apposition and counter-apposition of the thumb.Ann Chir Main. 1986; 5 ([in French]): 67-73
- The POSNA pediatric musculoskeletal functional health questionnaire: report on reliability, validity, and sensitivity to change.J Pediatr Orthop. 1998; 18: 561-571
- The Patient-Reported Outcomes Measurement Information System (PROMIS): progress of an NIH Roadmap cooperative group during its first two years.Med Care. 2007; 45: S3-S11
- Grip and strength for 6- to 19-year-olds.Am J Occup Ther. 1986; 40: 705-711
Eaton C. Normal Range of Motion Reference Values. Available at: http://www.eatonhand.com/nor/nor002.htm. Accessed June 1, 2016.
- The range of movement of the thumb.Hand (N Y). 2013; 8: 179-182
This publication was supported by the Washington University Institute of Clinical and Translational Sciences grants UL1 TR000448 from the National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences. The content is solely the responsibility of the authors and does not necessarily represent the official views of the National Institutes of Health.