Patients undergoing revision surgical treatment of the ulnar nerve at the elbow for cubital tunnel syndrome will have worse results compared to patients successfully treated with primary surgery.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Hand Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Predictors of surgical outcomes following anterior transposition of ulnar nerve for cubital tunnel syndrome: A systematic review.J Hand Surg Am. 2011; 36: 1996-2001.e6
- Evaluation and treatment of failed ulnar nerve release at the elbow.Orthop Clin North Am. 2012; 43: 487-494
- Treatment of ulnar nerve compression at the elbow.J Hand Surg Am. 2008; 33: 1625-1627
- Anterior transposition compared with simple decompression for treatment of cubital tunnel syndrome: a meta-analysis of randomized, controlled trials.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2007; 89: 2591-2598
- Management of secondary cubital tunnel syndrome.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2004; 113: e1-e16
- Simple decompression versus anterior subcutaneous and submuscular transposition of the ulnar nerve for cubital tunnel syndrome: a meta-analysis.J Hand Surg Am. 2008; 33A: 1314-1324
- Reoperation for failed decompression of the ulnar nerve in the region of the elbow.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 1990; 72: 213-219
- Revision anterior submuscular transposition of the ulnar nerve for failed subcutaneous transposition.Br J Plast Surg. 2004; 57: 311-316
- Subcutaneous anterior transposition of the ulnar nerve for failed decompression of cubital tunnel syndrome.J Hand Surg Am. 2000; 25: 544-551
- Incidence of re-operation and subjective outcome following in situ decompression of the ulnar nerve at the cubital tunnel.J Hand Surg Eur Vol. 2009; 34: 379-383
Clinical Paper Session 07: Carpal Tunnel Syndrome/Cubital Tunnel Syndrome
Friday, September 19, 2014 • 1:59–2:06 PM
Keyword: Elbow and Forearm, Nerve
© 2014 Published by Elsevier Inc.