Several techniques for congenital syndactyly release have been described. Some techniques require skin grafting, which might lead to poor cosmetic outcomes and complications. A graftless technique with an advanced Hyaluronic Acid (HA) scaffold used to cover the bare areas has been developed.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Hand Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Functions of hyaluronan in wound repair.Wound Repair Regen. 1999; 7: 79-89
- Studies in fetal wound healing. V. A prolonged presence of hyaluronic acid characterizes fetal wound fluid.Ann Surg. 1991; 213: 292-296
- Hyaluronic acid and skin: wound healing and aging.Int J Dermatol. 1996; 35: 539-544
- Hyalomatrix: a temporary epidermal barrier, hyaluronan delivery, and neodermis induction system for keratinocyte stem cell therapy.Tissue Eng. 2007; 13: 2733-2741
- The use of hyalomatrix in deep paediatric burns.Annals of Burns and Fire Disasters. 2004; 17: 193-196
- Angiogenesis in a delayed revascularization model is accelerated by angiogenic oligosaccharides of hyaluronan.Lab Invest. 1995; 73: 259-266
- Regeneration or scarring: an immunologic perspective.Dev Dyn. 2003; 226: 268-279
- The patient and observer scar assessment scale: a reliable and feasible tool for scar evaluation.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2004; 113 (discussion 1966–1967): 1960-1965
- The Vancouver Scar Scale: an administration tool and its interrater reliability.J Burn Care Rehabil. 1995; 16: 535-538
- Quantitative assessment of the tissue response to films of hyaluronan derivatives.Biomaterials. 1996; 17: 963-975
Clinical Paper Session 04: Pediatrics
Friday, September 19, 2014 • 10:26–10:33 AM
Category: Treatment, Surgical Technique, Prognosis/Outcomes
Keyword: Hand and Wrist, Congenital and Pediatric Problems, Diseases and Disorders
© 2014 Published by Elsevier Inc.