Periprosthetic osteolysis (PPO) after total wrist arthroplasty (TWA) is correlated to polyethylene and metallic wear.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Hand Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Review article: polyethylene wear and osteolysis in total hip arthroplasty.J Orthop Surg. 2001; 9: 91-99
- History and systematic review of wear and osteolysis outcomes for first-generation highly crosslinked polyethylene.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2011; 469: 2262-2277
- Favorable results after total wrist arthroplasty: 65 wrists in 60 patients followed for 5–9 years.Acta Orthop. 2013; 84: 415-419
- “Remotion” total wrist arthroplasty: preliminary results of a prospective international multicenter study of 215 cases.J Wrist Surg. 2012; 1: 17-22
- Five to ten-year outcomes of the Universal total wrist arthroplasty in patients with rheumatoid arthritis.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2011; 93: 914-919
- Biaxial total-wrist arthroplasty.J Hand Surg Am. 1996; 21: 1011-1021
- Periprosthetic bone resorption and sigmoid notch erosion around ulnar head implants: a concern?.Hand Clin. 2010; 26: 573-577
- High rate of complications and radiographic loosening of the biaxial total wrist arthroplasty in rheumatoid arthritis: 32 wrists followed for 6 (5–8) years.Acta Orthop. 2011; 82: 721-726
- Management of the failed biaxial wrist replacement.J Hand Surg Am. 2005; 30: 248-251
- Results of 189 wrist replacements. A report from the Norwegian Arthroplasty Register.Acta Orthop. 2011; 82: 405-409
Clinical Paper Session 03: Wrist/Reconstruction
Friday, September 19, 2014 • 10:26–10:33 AM
Category: Evaluation/Diagnosis, Prognosis/Outcomes, Basic Science
Keyword: Hand and Wrist
© 2014 Published by Elsevier Inc.