Outcomes from nerve gap repair can be dependent upon the material used to restore the discontinuity. To examine these differences we added contemporary control cohorts to a national nerve registry. Based on scientific evidence and historical controls, we hypothesized that processed nerve allografts would perform similar to nerve autograft and significantly better than tube conduit.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Hand Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Processed nerve allografts for peripheral nerve reconstruction: a multicenter study of utilization and outcomes in sensory, mixed, and motor nerve reconstructions.Microsurgery. 2012; 32: 1-14
- Functional outcome following nerve repair in the upper extremity using processed nerve allograft.J Hand Surg Am. 2012; 37: 2340-2349
- Early clinical outcomes with the use of decellularized nerve allograft for repair of sensory defects within the hand.Hand (N Y). 2009; 4: 245-249
- Results of nerve grafting.in: Gelberman R. Operative Nerve Repair and Reconstruction. JB Lippincott, Philadelphia1991: 553-567
- Median and ulnar nerve injuries: a metaanalysis of predictors of motor and sensory recovery after modern microsurgical nerve repair.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2005; 116: 484-494
- Sensory recovery 1 year after bridging digital nerve defects with collagen tubes.J Hand Surg Am. 2013; 38: 90-97
- A randomized prospective study of PGA conduits for digital nerve reconstruction in humans.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2000; 106: 1036-1045
- Collagen tube conduits in peripheral nerve repair: a retrospective analysis.Hand. 2010; 5: 273-277
Clinical Paper Session 02: Nerve Repair/Regeneration
Friday, September 19, 2014 • 9:13–9:20 AM
Category: Treatment, Surgical Technique, Prognosis/Outcomes
Keyword: Hand and Wrist, Elbow and Forearm, Shoulder and Arm, Nerve
© 2014 Published by Elsevier Inc.