Inflammation plays an important role in nerve regeneration.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Hand Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- A 25-year perspective of peripheral nerve surgery: evolving neuroscientific concepts and clinical significance.J Hand Surg Am. 2000; 25: 391-414
- The macrophage response to central and peripheral nerve injury. A possible role for macrophages in regeneration.J Exp Med. 1987; 165: 1218-1223
- Wallerian degeneration in the peripheral nervous system: participation of both Schwann cells and macrophages in myelin degradation.J Neurocytol. 1989; 18: 671-683
- Stimulation of regeneration of the sciatic nerve by experimentally induced inflammation in rats.Scand J Plast Reconstr Surg Hand Surg. 1992; 26: 121-125
- Inflammation near the nerve cell body enhances axonal regeneration.J Neurosci. 1991; 11: 972-978
- Interleukin 1 increases stability and transcription of mRNA encoding nerve growth factor in cultured rat fibroblasts.J Biol Chem. 1988; 263: 16348-16351
- Interleukin-1 regulates synthesis of nerve growth factor in non-neuronal cells of rat sciatic nerve.Nature. 1987; 330: 658-659
- Peripheral nerve regeneration is impeded by interleukin-1 receptor antagonist released from a polymeric guidance channel.J Neurosci Res. 1991; 29: 396-400
- Platelet-derived growth factors and fibroblast growth factors are mitogens for rat Schwann cells.J Cell Biol. 1990; 110: 1353-1360
- The peripheral nerve allograft: a comprehensive review of regeneration and neuroimmunology.Prog Neurobiol. 1994; 43: 187-233
Clinical Paper Session 02: Nerve Repair/Regeneration
Friday, September 19, 2014 • 8:45–8:52 AM
Category: Basic Science
© 2014 Published by Elsevier Inc.