Type of study/level of evidence
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Bite wounds and infection.Clin Infect Dis. 1992; 14: 633-640
- Mammalian bites. Review of evaluation and management.Clin Pediatr (Phila). 1990; 29: 283-287
- Management of human and animal bite wounds.J Am Acad Dermatol. 1989; 21: 1275-1279
- Cat bites of the hand.ANZ J Surg. 2004; 74: 859-862
- Current treatment of cat bites to the hand and wrist.J Hand Surg Am. 2011; 36: 152-153
- Pasturella multocida infections. Report of 34 cases and review of the literature.Medicine (Baltimore). 1984; 63: 133-154
- Pasteurella multocida—the major cause of hand infections following domestic animal bites.J Hand Surg Am. 1982; 7: 47-52
- Pasteurella multocida in animal's mouths.Rocky Mt Med J. 1968; 65: 45-46
- Why your housecat's trite little bites could cause you quite a fright: a study of domestic felines on the occurrence and antibiotic susceptibility of Pasteurella multocida.Zoonoses Public Health. 2008; 55: 507-513
- Pasteurella multocida infection following cat bites in humans.J Infection. 2000; 40: 97-98
- Septic arthritis and osteomyelitis from a cat bite.Yale J Biol Med. 1988; 61: 513-518
- Cat bite wounds: risk factors for infection.Ann Emerg Med. 1991; 20: 973-979
Medeiros I, Saconato H. Antibiotic prophylaxis for mammalian bites (Cochrane Review). The Cochrane Library, Issue 2. Oxford: Update Software; 2003.
- Dog, cat, and human bites: a review.J Am Acad Dermatol. 1995; 33: 1019-1029
- Cat and dog bites. What to do? Guidelines for the treatment of cat and dog bites in humans.Acta Chir Belg. 2006; 106: 692-695
- Best evidence topics report. Wound closure in animal bites.Emerg Med J. 2004; 21: 589-590
- Hand infections.Curr Treatment Options Infect Dis. 2002; 4: 295-301
- Mammalian bite wounds.Ann Emerg Med. 1980; 9: 79-93
- The treatment of mammalian bites.Hosp Physician. 1982; 18: 39-45
No benefits in any form have been received or will be received related directly or indirectly to the subject of this article.