A case of complete dislocation of the lunate and scaphoid resulting from a fall is reported. We are unaware of any previously reported case of simultaneous dislocation with the scaphoid completely extruded from the wrist at the time of injury. The patient was treated with a proximal row carpectomy.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Hand Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- An overview of injuries of the wrist.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 1980; 149: 137-144
- Isolated dislocation of carpal scaphoid.J Hand Surg. 1985; 10B: 385-388
- Isolated radial dislocation of carpal scaphoid.Ann Surg. 1934; 100: 553-555
- The frequency and epidemiology of hand and forearm fractures in the United States.J Hand Surg. 2001; 26A: 908-915
- Palmar dislocation of the scaphoid and lunate.J Hand Surg. 1987; 12A: 476-480
- Scaphoid and lunate dislocation: report of a case in a patient with peripheral neuropathy.J Bone Joint Surg. 1972; 54A: 1769-1772
- Isolated scaphoid dislocation associated with axial carpal dissociation: an unusual injury report.J Hand Surg. 2004; 29A: 1102-1108
- Palmar divergent dislocation of scaphoid and lunate.Yonsei Med J. 2003; 44 (1981–1093)
- Palmar dislocation of scaphoid and lunate as a unit: case report with special reference to carpal instability and treatment.J Hand Surg. 1986; 11A: 130-134
- Isolated, complete radial dislocation of the scaphoid.J Bone Joint Surg. 1982; 64A: 615-616
- Carpal dislocations: pathomechanics and progressive perilunar instability.J Hand Surg. 1980; 5: 226-241
- Palmar dislocation of the scaphoid and lunate as a unit.Orthopedics. 2004; 27: 1199-1201
- Palmar dislocation of scaphoid and lunate as a unit.J Hand Surg. 1990; 15A: 134-139
- Palmar carpal instability secondary to dislocation of scaphoid and lunate: report of case and review of the literature.J Hand Surg. 1982; 7: 606-612
- Primary and secondary dislocation of the scaphoid bone.J Bone Joint Surg. 1964; 46B: 73-82
- Perilunar dislocations.J Bone Joint Surg. 1956; 38A: 1198-1207
Published online: December 07, 2009
Accepted: September 21, 2009
Received: June 29, 2009
No benefits in any form have been received or will be received related directly or indirectly to the subject of this article.
© 2010 Published by Elsevier Inc.