We report 1 case of successful treatment of radius and ulna nonunion by a folded vascularized fibular graft, in which 2 parallel fibular struts remained connected by the periosteum and peroneal vessels, and another case of infected nonunion of the ulna and radius with osseous and soft tissue defects treated by a free fibular osteoseptocutaneous flap with folded fibular graft in a 1-stage procedure.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Hand Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Folded free vascularized fibula transfer.Plast Reconstr Surg. 1988; 82: 311-318
- The “double barrel” free vascularized fibular bone graft.Plast Reconstr Surg. 1988; 81: 378-385
- Twin-barreled vascularized fibular grafting to the pelvis and lower extremities.Clin Orthop. 1994; 303: 178-184
- One-stage treatment of chronic osteomyelitis of the proximal tibia using a pedicled vascularised double-barrel fibular flap together with a muscle flap.Br J Plast Surg. 2002; 55: 520-523
- The reconstruction of defects in the femoral shaft with vascularized transfers of fibular bone.J Bone Joint Surg. 1987; 69A: 355-374
- Mandibular reconstruction using the double barrel fibular graft.Microsurgery. 1995; 16: 450-454
- Combined radius and ulna reconstruction with a free fibula transfer.Br J Plast Surg. 1996; 49: 178-182
- Fibular osteoseptocutaneous flap: anatomic study and clinical application.Plast Reconstr Surg. 1986; 78: 191-200
- The free vascularized bone graft: a clinical extension of microvascular techniques.Plast Reconstr Surg. 1975; 55: 533-544
- Microvascular free bone transfer with revascularization of medullary and periosteal circulation or the periosteal circulation alone.J Bone Joint Surg. 1982; 64A: 73-87
- Anatomic study of the nutrient foramen in the shaft of the fibula.Clin Orthop. 1984; 184: 141-144
- Treatment of segmental defects of the radius with use of the vascularized osteoseptocutaneous fibular autogenous graft.J Bone Joint Surg. 1997; 79A: 542-550
Published online: December 03, 2009
Accepted: September 17, 2009
Received: April 15, 2009
No benefits in any form have been received or will be received related directly or indirectly to the subject of this article.
© 2010 Published by Elsevier Inc.