Type of study/level of evidence
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Hand Surgery
- Unicondylar fractures of the distal humerus: an operative approach.J Orthop Trauma. 1988; 2: 102-109
- Round table on fractures of the lower end of the humerus.Societe Francaise de Chirurgie Orthopedique et Traumatologie Orthop Trans. 1980; 4: 123
- Fractures of the humeral condyles in adults.South Med J. 1955; 48: 1165-1173
- [Operative treatment of distal intra-articular humerus fractures: results of 412 follow-up cases (AO-collected statistics)].Langenbecks Arch Chir. 1984; 364: 359-361
- Fracture treatment and healing.in: WB Saunders, Philadelphia1980: 439-480
- Fractures of the external humeral condyle.JAMA. 1956; 160: 641-646
- Fractures and fracture dislocations of the humeral condyles.J Trauma. 1964; 4: 592-607
- Injuries of the elbow.in: Wilson J. Fractures and joint injuries. 6th ed. Churchill Livingstone, New York1982: 610-615
- Distal humeral fractures in the adult.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 1986; 207: 191-197
- Fracture of the medial condyle of the humerus in an elderly patient.J Orthop Trauma. 1990; : 98-101
- Fracture of the medial condyle of the humerus.J Bone Joint Surg. 1975; 57A: 677-680
- Fractures and dislocations at the elbow.in: Wilson P. Management of fractures and dislocations. Lippincott, Philadelphia1938: 175-179
- Condylar nonunions of the elbow.J Trauma. 1982; 22: 787-791
- A practical treatise on fractures and dislocations.in: 6th ed. Lea & Febiger, New York1910: 259-261
- Manual of internal fixation.in: 2nd ed. Springer-Verlag, Berlin1979: 128-129
- Prevention of infection in the treatment of one thousand and twenty-five open fractures of long bones: retrospective and prospective analyses.J Bone Joint Surg. 1976; 58A: 453-458
- The posterior Monteggia lesion.J Orthop Trauma. 1991; 5: 395-402
- Results of delayed excision of the radial head after fracture.J Bone Joint Surg. 1986; 68A: 669-674
- Fractures of the distal humerus.Orthopedics. 1992; 15: 825-833
- Fractures of the medial humeral condyle in adults.Singapore Med J. 2000; 41: 347-351
- Fractures and dislocations of the elbow.in: Rockwood Jr, C.A. Green D.P. Fractures. JB Lippincott, 1984: 559-652
- Two and three-dimensional computed tomography for the classification and management of distal humeral fractures: evaluation of reliability and diagnostic accuracy.J Bone Joint Surg. 2006; 88A: 1795-1801
- Surgical treatment of intra-articular fractures of the distal part of the humerus: functional outcome after twelve to thirty years.J Bone Joint Surg. 2007; 89A: 1524-1532
The authors are grateful to the AO Documentation Center in Davos, Switzerland, and to Dr. E.L.F.B. Raaymakers for managing the fracture database for the Departments of Orthopaedic Surgery and General Surgery at the Academic Medical Center in Amsterdam, The Netherlands, over the past decades. Four cases included in the study were identified through this database. The authors also thank the Departments of Surgery and Traumatology of the Academic Medical Center of Amsterdam for permission to use data from their patients.
Support was received in the form of unrestricted research grants from AO Foundation, Wright Medical, Joint Active Systems, Smith and Nephew, Small Bone Innovations, Biomet, Acumed, Tornier, and the Doris Duke Fellowship.