Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Hand Surgery
- Langer's lines: to use or not to use.Plast Reconstr Surg. 1999; 104: 208-214
- Lacerations against Langer's lines: to glue or suture?.J Emerg Med. 1998; 16: 185-189
- On the anatomy and physiology of the skin.Br J Plast Surg. 1978; 31: 3-8
- On the anatomy and physiology of the skin.Br J Plast Surg. 1978; 31: 93-106
- The dynamic rotation of Langer's lines on facial expression.J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2007; 60: 393-399
- Molecular responses of human dermal fibroblasts to dual cues: contact guidance and mechanical load.Cell Motil Cytoskeleton. 2000; 45: 1-9
- Effect of precise mechanical loading on fibroblast populated collagen lattices: morphological changes.Cell Motil Cytoskeleton. 1998; 40: 13-21
- Fibroblast contraction occurs on release of tension in attached collagen lattices: dependency on an organized actin cytoskeleton and serum.Anat Rec. 1992; 232: 359-368
- Mechanical tension controls granulation tissue contractile activity and myofibroblast differentiation.Am J Pathol. 2001; 159: 1009-1020
- Mechanical properties of the extracellular matrix influence fibronectin fibril assembly in vitro.Exp Cell Res. 1995; 217: 109-117
- Duration and orientation of mechanical loads determine fibroblast cyto-mechanical activation: monitored by protease release.Wound Repair Regen. 2000; 8: 238-246
- On the anatomy and physiology of the skin.Br J Plast Surg. 1978; 31: 273-276
- On the anatomy and physiology of the skin.Br J Plast Surg. 1978; 31: 185-199
- The cleavage lines of skin.Br J Surg. 1942; 29: 234-240
- The directional effects of skin.J Invest Dermatol. 1966; 46: 341-346
- Force required for wound closure and scar appearance.Plast Reconstr Surg. 1983; 72: 380-382
- Wound healing.Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 1990; 116: 798-802
- Mechanical load initiates hypertrophic scar formation through decreased cellular apoptosis.FASEB J. 2007; 21: 3250-3261
- Skin tension or skin compression?.J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2008; 61: 529-534
- Langer's lines: a commentary.Surg Annu. 1976; 8: 25-46
The authors are greatly indebted to the staff of the medical illustration and medical engineering departments at South Manchester University Hospital Trust for providing photographs, illustrations, and precision engineered templates.
No benefits in any form have been received or will be received related directly or indirectly to the subject of this article.