Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Hand Surgery
- Controlled passive motion following flexor tendon repair in zones 2 and 3.in: AAOS: symposium on tendon surgery in the hand. CV Mosby, St Louis1975: 105-114
- Early active motion in flexor tendon healing.J Bone Joint Surg. 1972; 54A (abstr): 911
- The excursion and deformation of repaired flexor tendons treated with protected early motion.J Hand Surg. 1986; 11A: 106-110
- The effects of mobilization on the vascularization of healing flexor tendons in dogs.Clin Orthop. 1980; 153: 283-289
- Effects of early intermittent passive mobilization on healing canine flexor tendons.J Hand Surg. 1982; 7: 170-175
- Primary repair of lacerated flexor tendon in “no man's land.”.J Bone Joint Surg. 1967; 49A (abstr): 577
- Flexor tendon repair in zone II with a new suture technique and an early mobilization program combining passive and active flexion.J Hand Surg. 1994; 19A: 53-60
- Digital function following flexor tendon repair in zone II: a comparison of immobilization and controlled passive motion techniques.J Hand Surg. 1980; 5: 537-543
- Early active motion following a beveled technique of flexor tendon repair: report on fifty cases.J Hand Surg. 1979; 4: 454-460
- Primary repair of flexor tendons in the hand without immobilization—preliminary report.Hand. 1978; 10: 37-47
- Flexor tendon repair in zone 2 followed by controlled active mobilisation.J Hand Surg. 1989; 14B: 392-395
- Concepts that changed flexor tendon surgery.in: Tendon and nerve surgery in the hand: a third decade. Mosby, St Louis1997: 307-313
- A comparison of post-operative mobilization of flexor tendon repairs with “passive flexion-active extension” and “controlled active motion” techniques.J Hand Surg. 1994; 19B: 517-521
- The rupture rate of acute flexor tendon repairs mobilized by the controlled active motion regimen.J Hand Surg. 1994; 19B: 607-612
- Biomechanical and histologic characteristics of canine flexor tendon repair using early postoperative mobilization.J Hand Surg. 1997; 22A: 107-114
- A comparative study of two methods of controlled mobilization of flexor tendon repairs in zone 2.J Hand Surg. 1998; 23B: 41-45
- Tendon suturing methods: analysis of tensile strength.in: American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. Symposium on tendon surgery in the hand. CV Mosby, St Louis1975: 70-80
- Flexor tendon forces: in vivo measurements.J Hand Surg. 1992; 17A: 291-298
- In vitro studies of a new method of flexor tendon repair.J Hand Surg. 1985; 10B: 135-141
- Double loop locking suture: a technique of tendon repair for early active mobilization. Part II: clinical experience.J Hand Surg. 1990; 15A: 953-958
- Strength of the suture in the epitenon and within the tendon fibres: development of stronger peripheral suture technique.J Hand Surg. 1992; 17B: 171-175
- Effects of constant mechanical tension on the healing of rabbit flexor tendons.Clin Orthop. 1993; 296: 301-306
- Clinical mechanics of the hand.in: CV Mosby, St. Louis1985: 85-86
- Tensile strength of flexor tendon repairs in a dynamic cadaver model.J Hand Surg. 1996; 21A: 605-611
- Flexor tendon injuries: I. Foundations of treatment.J Am Acad Orthop Surg. 1995; 3: 44-54
- Dynamic analysis of profundus tendon function.J Hand Surg. 1994; 19A: 626-635
- Biomechanical analysis of four-strand extensor tendon repair techniques.J Hand Surg. 1997; 22A: 838-842
- Mechanical analysis of tendon suture techniques.J Hand Surg. 1994; 19A: 641-647
- Eliminating the gap in flexor tendon surgery: a new method of suture.Hand. 1977; 9: 306-311
- Suture materials and suture techniques used in tendon repair.Hand Clin. 1985; 1: 43-53
- Digital flexor tendons: an experimental study. Part I. The significance of each component of the flexor mechanism in tendon healing.B J Plast Surg. 1960; 12: 289-316
- Cyclic stress analysis of flexor tendon repair.J Hand Surg. 1991; 16A: 701-707
- Cyclic stress testing after in vivo healing of canine flexor tendon lacerations.J Hand Surg. 1996; 21A: 974-977
- A new type of flexor tendon repair: biomechanical evaluation by cyclic loading, ultimate strength and assessment of pulley friction in vitro.J Hand Surg. 1995; 20B: 578-583
- Primary repair without immobilization of flexor tendon division within the digital sheath: an experimental and clinical study.Act Orthop Scand. 1969; 40: 587-601
- Flexor tendon repair.Hand Clin. 1985; 1: 55-68
- Augmented Becker versus modified Kessler tenorrhaphy in monkeys: dynamic mechanical analysis.J Hand Surg. 1995; 20A: 267-272
Cohen MJ, Hamman J, Mass DP. Flexor tendon repair: mechanical properties of five circumferential suturing techniques. J Hand Surg (in press).
- A randomized biomechanical study of zone II flexor tendon repairs analyzed in an in vitro model.J Hand Surg. 1998; 23A: 1046-1051
*Supported by a grant from the American Society for Surgery of the Hand.
**No benefits in any form have been received or will be received from a commercial party related directly or indirectly to the subject of this article.
★Reprint requests: Daniel P. Mass, MD, 5841 S Maryland Ave MC 3079, Chicago, IL 60637.