Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Hand Surgery
- The prevalence of degenerative arthritis of the base of the thumb in post-menopausal women.J Hand Surg. 1994; 19B: 340-341
- Osteo- arthritis and disk degeneration in an urban population.Ann Rheum Dis. 1958; 17: 388-397
- Osteo-arthritis of the first carpo-metacarpal joint. An investigation of 22 cases.Acta Chir Scand. 1955; 109: 449-456
- The hypermobility syndrome: musculoskeletal complaints associated with generalized joint hypermobility.Ann Rheum Dis. 1967; 26: 419-425
- Ligament reconstruction for the painful thumb carpometacarpal joint.J Bone Joint Surg. 1973; 55A: 1655-1666
- Ligament reconstruction for the painful thumb carpometacarpal joint: a long-term assessment.J Hand Surg. 1984; 9A: 692-699
- Trapeziometacarpal osteoarthritis: staging as a rationale for treatment.Hand Clin. 1987; 3: 455-469
- Carpometacarpal joint of the human thumb.J Anat. 1974; 118: 119-126
- Ligamentous stability of the base of the thumb.Hand. 1981; 13: 29-35
- Osteoarthritis of the trapeziometacarpal joint: the pathophysiology of articular cartilage degeneration. I. Anatomy and pathology of the aging joint.J Hand Surg. 1991; 16A: 967-974
- Osteoarthritis of the trapeziometacarpal joint: the pathophysiology of articular cartilage degeneration. II. Articular wear patterns in the osteoarthritic joint.J Hand Surg. 1991; 16A: 975-982
- Transection of the anterior cruciate ligament in the dog: a model of osteoarthritis.Semin Arthritis Rheum. 1991; 21: 22-32
- Anatomy of trapeziometacarpal ligaments.J Hand Surg. 1993; 18A: 226-231
- Contact patterns in the trapeziometacarpal joint: the role of the palmar beak ligament.J Hand Surg. 1993; 18A: 238-244
- Curvature characteristics and congruence of the thumb carpometacarpal joint: differences between female and male joints.J Biomech. 1992; 25: 591-607
- Topography of the osteoarthritic thumb carpometacarpal joint and its variations with regard to gender, age, site, and osteoarthritic stage.J Hand Surg. 1998; 23A: 454-464
- The trapezium-thumb metacarpal joint: the relationship of joint shape and degenerative joint disease.Hand. 1983; 15: 201-206
- New Haven survey of joint diseases. XII: distribution and symptoms of osteoarthritis in the hands with reference to handedness.Ann Rheum Dis. 1970; 29: 275-286
*No benefits in any form have been received or will be received from a commercial party related directly or indirectly to the subject of this article.
**Reprint requests: Douglas M. Freedman, MD. Scripps Clinic. Division of Orthopaedic Surgery, 10666 N. Torrey Pines Rd. La Jolla, CA 92037.
**J Hand Surg 2000;25A:297–304